Thursday, October 16, 2014

Bread machine GF bread

My mother in law gave me a gluten free cookbook for Christmas, and I found a recipe for Rice Bread for Bread Machine.  It was tasty, but too sweet, so I adjusted a few things, and this is what I came up with. 

Rice Bread for Bread Machine 




1 3/4 cups warm water 
2 Tbsp Butter/Coconut Oil 
2 Tbsp Honey or sweetener of choice 
1 tsp Salt 
3 1/2 cups GF Flour* (my recipe for gf flour is below) 
1 1/2 tsp yeast 

Place into bread machine in order given and set on basic cycle.

We love this bread, hot right out of the bread machine, toasted, not toasted, sliced thick with soup, sliced thin for sandwiches, grilled cheese, etc. Any way we have tried it, we have loved it. It has a great texture too - moist, not crumbly. It's definitely the cheapest, most delicious and versatile GF bread we've had so far!

 * My GF Flour Blend: 
4 cups brown rice flour 
2 cups arrowroot powder or tapioca starch
 
Whisk well. Substitute cup for cup. 


2 comments:

  1. i never know the use of adobe shadow until i saw this post. thank you for this! this is very helpful. click and read

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife made some delicious bread recipe using our most useful kitchen appliance bread maker device in every morning like, french toast, sandwich etc. But, I think, she never tried this one GF bread recipe. She is already like this recipe and gonna to make this tomorrow morning. This recipe is very tasty and delicious for more click here

    ReplyDelete