Thursday, September 1, 2011

Daily Devotion about My Mean Girl

 Ok, so this morning I received a daily devotion from Proverbs 31 Ministries in my inbox.  It was SPOT ON!  It's titled "When the Mean Girl Wants to Come Out." It is way too easy to be mean, to respond in the flesh, instead of relying on the Lord.  To use self control and yield to the Holy Spirit's leading instead of reacting the way I would like to. It went along with my devotions this morning so well. I think the Lord is telling me something ;).

May you be blessed by reading this:
When My Mean Girl Wants to Come Out by Proverbs 31 Ministries


 Even if you don't read the blog/devotion itself, read these gems I took from it:

 "in reality, my joy can only be stolen if I let it be stolen.
If all we needed to follow was a plan, we’d have no need to follow Jesus.
Stop the blaming and finger pointing and wishing everyone else would change… and see my sinful reaction as a negative contribution to the problem at hand.
John 15:10-12 Jesus says, “If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father’s commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.” "

No comments:

Post a Comment