Sunday, September 6, 2015

Fajita Fridayß

Fajita friday!
Is that even a thing?  I think I'll be making it a thing because in this house we love Mexican and could eat it every day.  Tacos, enchiladas, Puerto Rican pulled pork, stuffed poblanos, fajitas, etc.


I make my own seasoning, but it's so different from the original the I don't even know if it even resembles the original anymore.  The one I have in my cabinet was made with organic cornstarch not arrowroot, and I didn't feel like mixing up a new batch, so I just did something different this time, and it was delicious!

Slice several chicken breasts into thin strips and season well with salt, pepper, garlic and cimin.  
Saute in oil until no longer pink on the outside. 
 Add more garlic & cumin, squeeze half some lime juice over it, and add some marjoram and chili powder.  I used a dark chili powder blend and some Ancho chili powder.
  Stir and then add lots of sliced bell peppers. 
In sperate pans, I saute mushrooms and fry onions.

Serve over caulirice with tomato, jalepeno, avocado and cilantro on top.  Taco Sauce or Salsa on the side.  

  


No comments:

Post a Comment